Hello, Kevin Sullivan here.
- From: Lawrence, Kansas, USA
- Education: Law, J.D., 1991, KU; Economics & Public Affairs, B.S., 1986, ESU
- Based: Hiratsuka, Japan since 1992, Currently Lawrence, KS.
- Work: I.T. Field Engineer, Cisco TelePresence video conferencing systems
- Motto: Ad Astra Per Aspera – “to the stars, through difficulty”
Natural curiosity with enthusiasm and persistence has so far kept me moving -slowly- upward. Progress!
After law school I came to Japan to assist the new Sister City progam and the Hiratsuka International Exchange Association. Great city, great people to work with.
I taught English in Japan & started several small businesses, then switched gears from fully self-employed to traveling Field Engineer work.
IT work took me throughout South East Asia and the USA servicing Cisco customers corporate internet video conferencing systems. Somebody needs to run wires and install equipment before their world domination plans commence.
- Occasional A-Class billiards – 3Cushion, 1-pocket, 8/9-ball, Rotation, 14-1, snooker, … Cue sports – It`s a challenge to execute the perfect plan
- Wheels – Old cars & trucks – maintain, improve, driving fun
- Reading – libraries, books, the internet, oh my
- Computers – PC/Mac/linux – masochisticly self-hosting these sites…
- Climbing & hiking & bicycles – way higher on my list is web surfing for potentially interesting subjects, but sometimes I get motivated to head for the hills
- DIY projects – making my world a better place, one storage shelf at a time
“Too soon old, too late smart…”
- Time is the critical factor – your dreams never die
- We have limited days – perhaps only 27,000… (75×365=)
- Life is good but time is short, so get moving, Kevin!